Monday, August 4, 2014

Mind of a Terrain Engineer

A few days ago I decided to write a new terrain system. I wanted to see if I could get better performance, and also additional features. I will post more about this experience, for now I just wanted to share the feeling I got working on terrains again. I put together this inspirational video for all the terrain makers out there:



Yes it is very silly, I could not resist. I realized I had taken enough screenshots along the process and probably a single video was the best format to share them.






4 comments:

  1. I'm curious, what new features where you trying to add ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better performance, also finer artist control for placing terrain layers, biomes, instances, etc. I will look a lot nicer, we have plans to update the rendering as well.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some very cool images in there. And yes, it's inspiring, especially scenes like the last one, thanks :)
      P.S. I mean the one tagged "You are done for today".

      Delete